Something different to make from thrifted candlesticks instead of finials. Not that making finials is a BAD thing. It’s just time for something different!
I’m not certain that this one IS a candle holder, or maybe the top piece was missing. Regardless, it works for what I’m going to do with it!
I used a couple of these little routed wood plaques from the craft store; one slightly bigger than the other.
Glued the two wood pieces together; then glued them to the TOP of the pedestal.
This is the ‘upside down’ view; showing the edges better. Since I was trying to emulate the look of the base of this piece, I put the bigger piece pf wood on TOP.
Here you can see how the top and bottom ‘balance each other out’.
Used flat black spray paint on this for the final coat. Used acrylic craft paint for the wood squares I added on.
Hand sanded to distress the edges.
The distressing didn’t show up as much on the plastic parts.
Decided to do something similar with this carved wood candlestick at the same time.
It was a difficult decision to paint over all these pretty pastel colors, but I talked myself into it!
Glue the wood round to the candlestick top using e6000. Then flip it upside down white the glue sets.
While this one would have worked to paint with ‘brush on’ paint; I used flat black spray paint . . . but only because I was doing these two items at the same time; and it saved me some time. (time is money!)
Close up of the distressing done by hand sanding the raised areas.
This is how I displayed them; incorporated into my Halloween display. Both have already sold.