AT first I thought this was a jewelry chest, but a reader corrected me and said it looked like a doll clothes armoir. With the rod on the right side, I’m inclined to agree. I suppose it could be used for anything you wanted though.
I had to remove the handle to get that silly little lock off. (tossed the lock and key into my ‘key box’ to use for another project later.)
It was really in perfectly fine condition, just too PLAIN.
I added some little wood fleur de lis embellishments on the doors, then painted it Ivory.
Added some old dictionary pages to the inside of the doors to help it transition from light to dark better.
And I papered the backside also. Almost ‘called it good’ at this point.
But, after looking at it for a couple of days, I decided to distress it.
SO glad I made that decision. Sanding along the edges really brings out the details.
The pretty arch on the doors was hardly even noticeable before I added the distressing.
NOW, it’s done! From bland and outdated to updated shabby chic!
I’d love to find a REAL full size armoir to make over some day!