The smaller of the two footstools (the one that had the needlepoint top). This was my first attempt at stenciling on fabric, and I am pleased to say it worked PERFECTLY! This fabric is kind of a cross between a muslin and burlap. Large, but tight weave with a good amount of ‘body’. (This fabric is actually a scrap piece leftover from a maternity top I made over 33 years ago!) I ironed the fabric and starched it a bit with some spray starch. Stenciled the design on the fabric BEFORE attaching the fabric to the stool, just in case I made a ‘boo-boo’. Once dry, I used a staple gun to attach the fabric.
Black velvet with little gold crosses seemed ‘Parisian’ enough to me!
The undersides of upholstered items like this are typically a bit ‘unsightly’. Being one who seems compelled to always looks ‘under and inside’ everything, I try to make those parts ‘pleasing to the eye’ as well. On this one I cut the fabric long enough to completely cover the underside.
I’ll just tuck the newest smaller ones in amongst these.
I actually did this giant carved wood fork and spoon a while ago, and set them aside. Now that I have some other black items to take in, I’ll take them also. Items typically sell better when displayed with similarly themed items.