Here are a couple others that I’ve done in the past. The wire baskets come in black so previously I had made the whole thing black. The bases on these are a vintage cherub candy dish; glued to a charger plate and spray painted.
I did one in white also.
Here are the components, before. Plus any kind of finial to use as your knob on top.
It’s easier to attach your knob/finial if it has a screw in the base. You just have to find a nut to fit the screw to hold it in place.
I’ve also made wire cloches out of old lamp shad frames with the fabric removed.
But back to the present and the newest cloche and pedestal!
I used a thrifted big candle pedestal for the base.
The wood round needed a black basecoat first. Glued it to the candle base, then painted both aqua and distressed.
I wanted to wire cloche to be aqua too, but I didn’t want to spray paint the base. Plus, the aqua spray paint doesn’t match my brush on paint. So I decided to see if I could ‘dry brush paint’ the wire basket. It worked great.