pRiMiTiVe GrUbBy ReCiPe* Make your own ‘snowtex’ paint

Easy method for making your own textured paint!

Save lots of $$$$ by making your own ‘snowtex’.

Make it any color you like.

Works great for:





To purchase this e-book, send $2.00 via PayPal to   It will be emailed to you in the form of a password protected PictureTrail album within 48 hours of receipt of payment.


Folk Art angel ‘make do’

 I’m not much of one for sewing.  I can sew.  I just never do.  A few years ago I bought a bunch of sewn doll body blanks from a gal I knew via the crafting boards.  And I finally actually got one of them made up!  Here she is:

First, I stained her.  This is her shown in the e-book recipe for my grubby stain:  here

The tutorial for how I did her eyes is HERE.  You can use your regular craft paint and fine line permanent markers for outlining the eyes on fabric, just like you would on a hard surface.

Then I did her hair using my own recipe for textured paint.  You can buy that e-book HERE.

I used a scrap piece of wood to make her wings.  I’ve had this piece laying around for Soooooo long that I don’t even remember what it was left over from.  I just knew that someday it would make a great pair of angel wings.  (someday, being the operative word there!)  I painted them with antique white paint, then sanded.

 I wanted to give them a little bit of a ‘lace look’ so I used this foam stamp and some copper color paint and randomly, VERY lightly stamped and restamped the wings.  Once that paint was dry, I brushed on my weathered wood wash to make them look gray and weathered.  (Sorry, the wood wash is the only recipe I don’t sell.  But you can buy a can of it at the store.  Postal regulations make it too difficult and expensive to ship)

Next I painted a wood star the same copper paint color I used on the wings.  Put it in place with a bit of tacky glue.  Then I tied on the wings with a single strand of jute twine.

I just cris-crossed the jute across the front and back a couple of times, then tied it off in the back.


She still looked like she needed ‘something’ more . . . so I went digging through my box of misc. junk and found this little key to tie onto the front.


 She sat on my work table for a couple of days while I pondered what else to do with her.  She was ‘okay’ as she was, to just lean onto a shelf.  I thought about mounting her onte a plaque, but in the end decided to just give her a wood base so she could stand alone.  I used a broken 1/8″ dowel glued into a block of wood that I had painted black and sanded and stained.  Cut a TINY hole at her base, squeezed in some tacky glue then pushed her onto the dowel.