So, what did I do with that nice BIG candle pedestal leftover from yesterdays post that I decided NOT to use in the silver candle project?
Ah~ha! A cloche that fits perfectly!
And a little ceramic bird that fits perfectly on top of the cloche! (attached with some e6000)
Now for the nest. Well, first some BROWN paint on the pedestal. The black just wasn’t doing it for me. I hand formed the nest with some Spanish moss and worked in a little bit of green moss. *GLUED the nest to a small circle of cardboard, which was in turn glued to the pedestal. Then hot glued the eggs in place. *(Theft-proofing!)
I actually kind of like how it looks with the top set to the side.
But it’s really meant to be displayed like this.
Now that I am looking at it all finished, I’m thinking it would have been cute to tie a little tea stained tag around the top. Oh well, maybe next time. This one is already in my space at Stars.
You’ll notice I had to make the nest VERY flat around the edges as the cloche had a very fluted base. Just be sure to ‘test fit’ you cloche over your nest before gluing things down.
And here it is, in my space at Stars.
In a little table top vignette with other nest and bird decor items.
Those sweet little birds fit on a LOT of different cloches I had in stock! Now if I can just fine MORE of those little birds!!
This project listed on Shanty 2 Chic’s ‘I Made it Without my Hubby’ linky party.