Little green lady

P1170306Such a sweet looking face . . and such an UGLY color!!

P1170815Isn’t it amazing what a little paint will do?!?

P1170817A few quick coats of flat white spray paint turns this beast into a real beauty.

P1170818I almost want to paint the eyes . . . should I???  I can always spray over them if I don’t like it.

P1170823She’s a perfect companion to this piece that I’ve had for a while.  (both are shelves too!)

P1170827Here you can better tell that they are shelves.  Now I just need to find ONE more, so I will have three to hang in a group.  Will eventually take them to Stars.

 

Updated little armoir

5.13.13 mancave ETSY 025Cute little armoir I found at the thrift store.  Knob on the right drawer was broken off (but stashed in the drawer!)

5.13.13 mancave ETSY 026I was unable to remove the knobs and put on all new ones, so I crossed my fingers and glued the broken one back in place with my trusty e6000 adhesive.  It worked!

6.4.13 projects CURIOUS Stars 005I decided to go with white spray paint for this one; and leave the inside blue.  Just taped some paper to the insides of the doors while I painted.  The paint coverage was fine, but now that the crystal knobs were all white, it was a little bland.

6.4.13 projects CURIOUS Stars 007After a bit of rummaging through my craft supplies I happened upon some little fake rhinestones.   Put them on each of the knobs and a few more good measure.

6.4.13 projects CURIOUS Stars 008The contrast of the blue inside shows up much better in person.  Glad I decided to leave it.

Haven’t decided which mall space this will be going to just yet.

Old UGLY green plastic ewing box re-do

Started with this ugly green plastic faux wood grain sewing box:

Tossed out the top tray, gave it a good scrubbing.

A light coating of KILZ spray primer; then several coats of cream color spray paint, inside and out.

Decided to let ‘my new’ love’ work his magic on it.

It took a fairly STIFF brush to get the glaze down into all the creases.

Just brush it on, then wipe off the excess. I was surprised how quickly this stuff ‘sets up’. I had to wipe off each side AS I finished it. and not wait and do the whole thing at once.

I ended up ‘papering’ the insides with some torn up old book pages and applying some of the RL glaze. (those pics have not been downloaded yet. sorry!) Not sure I like how it turned out, and MAY have to re-do the inside. It’s a bit ‘streaky’. Not sure if that’s because the glaze doesn’t work well on paper, OR if it doesn’t mix well with the adhesive I used for the paper.)

P.S. Here’s the pics of the papered and glazed innards:

BEFORE I added the glaze:

With the RL glaze:

Don’t think I’ll be using the RL glaze over PAPER anymore.  I liked this better before.  Too late to change it now . . .  but now I know for next time.  And YOU can learn from my mistake.